Through 3 Quarters
The New York Knicks are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they’ve been expecting. They have unwrapped a big 72-62 lead against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The Knicks haven’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 13 points or fewer. Minnesota has been led by power forward Jaden McDaniels, who so far has 11 points in addition to four rebounds and three blocks.
This is tied with the least points Minnesota has had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
New York @ Minnesota
Current Records: New York 15-18; Minnesota 16-17
What to Know
The New York Knicks and the Minnesota Timberwolves are even-steven against one another since December of 2015 (5-5), but not for long. The Knicks will take on Minnesota at 8 p.m. ET Tuesday at Target Center after having had a few days off. New York won’t have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 4.5-point advantage in the spread.
The stars were brightly shining for New York in a 101-87 victory over the Atlanta Hawks this past Saturday. The team accrued 61 points in the first half and coasted on those for the win. New York’s power forward Julius Randle looked sharp as he shot 6-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 25 points and 12 boards.
Meanwhile, Minnesota was expected to lose against the Boston Celtics on Monday, but instead they received a nice stocking stuffer. The Timberwolves secured a 108-103 W over Boston. Minnesota’s shooting guard Jaylen Nowell was one of the most active players for the team, shooting 6-for-9 from downtown and finishing with 29 points and six rebounds.
The Knicks are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Orlando Magic Nov. 17 easily too and instead slipped up with a 104-98. In other words, don’t count Minnesota out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $36.00
The Knicks are a 4.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Knicks as a 5.5-point favorite.
Minnesota and New York both have five wins in their last ten games.
- Mar 31, 2021 – Minnesota 102 vs. New York 101
- Feb 21, 2021 – New York 103 vs. Minnesota 99
- Mar 10, 2019 – Minnesota 103 vs. New York 92
- Feb 22, 2019 – Minnesota 115 vs. New York 104
- Mar 23, 2018 – Minnesota 108 vs. New York 104
- Jan 12, 2018 – Minnesota 118 vs. New York 108
- Dec 02, 2016 – New York 118 vs. Minnesota 114
- Nov 30, 2016 – New York 106 vs. Minnesota 104
- Feb 20, 2016 – New York 103 vs. Minnesota 95
- Dec 16, 2015 – New York 107 vs. Minnesota 102