How to watch Suns vs. Thunder basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
The Phoenix Suns are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they’ve been expecting. a victory is still up for grabs for either team, but they are up 85-81 over the Oklahoma City Thunder
Shooting guard Devin Booker has led the way so far for Phoenix, as he has 29 points and four assists along with five boards. Oklahoma City has enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard Ty Jerome and shooting guard Aaron Wiggins. The former has 16 points and five assists in addition to five rebounds, while the latter has 19 points in addition to five rebounds.
The Thunder haven’t lost 86% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this season, so a win here would be refreshing.
Oklahoma City @ Phoenix
Current Records: Oklahoma City 12-21; Phoenix 26-7
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns will play host again and welcome the Oklahoma City Thunder to Footprint Center, where tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday. Phoenix is the favorite here — although they were the favorites in their last contest, too, so the odds might count for a little less.
It looks like the Suns must have gotten on Santa’s naughty list since the squad didn’t end up with the win they were expected to receive on Monday. They were just a bucket short of a victory and fell 114-113 to the Memphis Grizzlies. A silver lining for Phoenix was the play of shooting guard Devin Booker, who had 30 points.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma City was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 117-111 to the Sacramento Kings. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who had 33 points and five assists in addition to five rebounds.
This next matchup looks promising for Phoenix, who are favored by a full 16 points. Now might not be the best time to take Phoenix against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past three consecutive games.
The losses put the Suns at 26-7 and OKC at 12-21. Phoenix is 4-2 after losses this year, the Thunder 6-14.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center — Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $23.76
The Suns are a big 16-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 15-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 14 out of their last 21 games against Phoenix.
- Dec 23, 2021 – Phoenix 113 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- May 02, 2021 – Phoenix 123 vs. Oklahoma City 120
- Apr 02, 2021 – Phoenix 140 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Jan 27, 2021 – Oklahoma City 102 vs. Phoenix 97
- Aug 10, 2020 – Phoenix 128 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- Jan 31, 2020 – Oklahoma City 111 vs. Phoenix 107
- Dec 20, 2019 – Oklahoma City 126 vs. Phoenix 108
- Dec 28, 2018 – Oklahoma City 118 vs. Phoenix 102
- Nov 17, 2018 – Oklahoma City 110 vs. Phoenix 100
- Nov 12, 2018 – Oklahoma City 118 vs. Phoenix 101
- Oct 28, 2018 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Phoenix 110
- Mar 08, 2018 – Oklahoma City 115 vs. Phoenix 87
- Mar 02, 2018 – Oklahoma City 124 vs. Phoenix 116
- Jan 07, 2018 – Phoenix 114 vs. Oklahoma City 100
- Apr 07, 2017 – Phoenix 120 vs. Oklahoma City 99
- Mar 03, 2017 – Phoenix 118 vs. Oklahoma City 111
- Dec 17, 2016 – Oklahoma City 114 vs. Phoenix 101
- Oct 28, 2016 – Oklahoma City 113 vs. Phoenix 110
- Feb 08, 2016 – Oklahoma City 122 vs. Phoenix 106
- Dec 31, 2015 – Oklahoma City 110 vs. Phoenix 106
- Nov 08, 2015 – Oklahoma City 124 vs. Phoenix 103
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Jae Crowder: Out (Covid-19)
- Deandre Ayton: Out (Covid-19)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Out (Ankle)
- Tre Mann: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Vit Krejci: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Darius Bazley: Out (Covid-19)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: Out (Covid-19)
- Aleksej Pokusevski: Out (Covid-19)
- Josh Giddey: Out (Covid-19)