How to watch Pistons vs. Suns basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Phoenix @ Detroit
Current Records: Phoenix 32-9; Detroit 10-31
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons have the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome the Phoenix Suns at 1 p.m. ET Jan. 16 at Little Caesars Arena. The Pistons are out to keep their four-game home win streak alive.
Detroit didn’t have too much trouble with the Toronto Raptors at home this past Friday as they won 103-87. Among those leading the charge for Detroit was power forward Trey Lyles, who had 21 points in addition to seven boards.
Meanwhile, Phoenix strolled past the Indiana Pacers with points to spare this past Friday, taking the contest 112-94. Phoenix relied on the efforts of center Deandre Ayton, who dropped a double-double on 27 points and 12 rebounds, and shooting guard Devin Booker, who shot 6-for-13 from downtown and finished with 35 points.
Detroit is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with the Pistons, who are 20-21 against the spread.
The wins brought Detroit up to 10-31 and the Suns to 32-9. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Detroit has only been able to knock down 41.60% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. Phoenix’s defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 43.50%, which places them second in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena — Detroit, Michigan
- TV: Bally Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.31
The Suns are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 11.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Detroit have won ten out of their last 13 games against Phoenix.
- Dec 02, 2021 – Phoenix 114 vs. Detroit 103
- Feb 05, 2021 – Phoenix 109 vs. Detroit 92
- Jan 08, 2021 – Detroit 110 vs. Phoenix 105
- Feb 28, 2020 – Detroit 113 vs. Phoenix 111
- Feb 05, 2020 – Detroit 116 vs. Phoenix 108
- Mar 21, 2019 – Detroit 118 vs. Phoenix 98
- Nov 25, 2018 – Detroit 118 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 20, 2018 – Detroit 115 vs. Phoenix 88
- Nov 29, 2017 – Detroit 131 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 19, 2017 – Detroit 112 vs. Phoenix 95
- Nov 09, 2016 – Phoenix 107 vs. Detroit 100
- Dec 02, 2015 – Detroit 127 vs. Phoenix 122
- Nov 06, 2015 – Detroit 100 vs. Phoenix 92
Injury Report for Detroit
- Kelly Olynyk: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Frank Jackson: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Bol Bol: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Isaiah Livers: Out (Foot)
- Jerami Grant: Out (Thumb)
- Chris Smith: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Cameron Johnson: Out (Ankle)
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)